- 1965 – B.Com. – University of British Columbia.
- 1968 – LL.B – University of British Columbia.
Law career highlights:
- Called to bar in British Columbia, October 1, 1969.
- Appointed Federal Queen’s Counsel in 1990.
- Awards from the British Columbia Dental Association, the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia and the Canadian Dental Protective Association.
- Retired member Special Justice of the Peace and Adjudicator of the highly successful small claims project that resulted in cleaning up the backlog of cases.
- Retired Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) based in London.
- Appointed as a Chartered Arbitrator (C.Arb.) in 1993. Retired in 2010.
- Appointed as a Chartered Mediator (C.Med.). Retired in 2010.
- Charter Member of the Arbitrators’ Association of British Columbia.
- Retired member of the ADR Institute of Canada, Inc.
- Charter Member of the first Canadian Chapter of SPIDR (Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution) in Vancouver.
- Founding member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Subsection of The Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch.
- Trustee of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre (BCICAC), now retired.
- Member of the Panel of Distinguished Neutrals (CPR International and China Panel) of the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution, New York. Active participant at Annual General Conference.
- Member of The International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists.
Courses, workshops and symposiums:
- Completed the Advanced Commercial Mediation Course sponsored by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia, December 1993.
- Completed the course sponsored by the American Academy of Attorney-Mediators, Inc., Dallas, Texas.
- Delegate to the Symposium on Alternative Dispute Resolution in Canada, sponsored by The Canadian Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Committee, March 11 and 12, 1994.
- Participant at the International Commercial Arbitration Workshop, April 28, 2000, Vancouver, B.C.
- Participant in a Canadian Bar Association Conference in Calgary, Alberta in May 2003 on International Commercial Arbitration and Energy Disputes – A Global Perspective.
- Participant at Global ADR: The New Reality 2010 annual meeting January 14 – 15 ; CPR , New York City.
- Participant at International Commercial Arbitration course and meeting , June 1 – 2 , 2010, Toronto.
- Frequent Lecturer at Dental study clubs.
- Lecturer at Expert Witness Forum West Canadian Institute May 30 to 31 2017 Vancouver
- Legislation concerning Public Access to Private Roads – From the Point of View of a Forest Company, University of British Columbia Law Review, Vol. 3, number 1, March, 1967
- Rectification and the Bargaining Process, Continuing Legal Education of B.C., Labour Arbitration, June and July, 1981
- Rent Review Clauses – Subjective or Objective Test – The Advocate, Vol. 47, Part 6, November, 1989, page 95
- Arbitration of Rent Review Clauses in British Columbia – written for the Canadian Institute conference on Commercial Lease Defaults, held June 11th, 1991 and November 20th, 1991.
- Rent Review Arbitrations – C.L.E. Course – Commercial Leases – A Practical Analysis of Key Issues, June, 1993.
- Real Estate Litigation – 1994 – C.L.E. Course – Commercial Tenancy Disputes, December, 1994.
- Labour Arbitration – 1995 – C.L.E. Course – The Sunshine Coast Decision – Observations of what is expected of arbitrators and of the process, June 9, 1995.
- Commercial Leasing Annotated Precedents – 1996 – C.L.E. – Contributing author – Arbitration and Mediation.
- Real Estate Litigation – 1996 – C.L.E. Course – Real Estate Litigation – 1996 update – Arbitration and Mediation of Commercial Tenancy Disputes.
- Process: The Disciplinary Hearing – 1997 – Infonex – Regulation of Professionals and Disciplinary Hearings: Practical Course.
- Risk Management – 1997 – Risk Management for Dentists – December, 1997.
- Risk Management – 1998 – Risk Management for Dentists – February, 1998 – Canadian Dental Protective Association seminar.
- Process: The Disciplinary Hearing – Paper delivered to the Administrative Law Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association – March 1998.
- Risk Management for Medical Doctors – Paper delivered on November 26, 1999 to the B.C. College of Family Physicians.
- Contributing writer to Health Law in Canada, published by Butterworths Canada Ltd.
- Contract Disputes: Alternative Dispute Resolutions Some Observations, May 2000.
- Contributing writer to Dispute Resolution Journal, August-October 2000, published by the American Arbitration Association.
- Contributing writer to The Advocate – Vo. 59, Part 5, September 2001 – Contract Disputes and Alternative Dispute Resolution: Some Observations.
- Understanding Your Commercial Lease – The Dental Office – Paper delivered at Vancouver and District Dental Society’s Mid-Winter meeting December 2002.
- The 10 Worst Things a Dentist Can Say or Do – Part 1 and Part 2, published concurrently in the March/April 2003 and May/June 2003 issues of the Communiqué.
- Contributor to CLE Commercial Leasing Manual.
- Contributor to “Drafting ADR and Arbitration Clauses for Commercial Contracts” by Wendy Earle Carswell.
- ADR Process Design – Mediation … for Dentists in British Columbia, July/August 2006 issue in “Alternatives”.
- “Sanctions for refusing to mediate means more work for ADR institutes”, The Lawyers Weekly, June 16, 2006.